20 Apr Types of CBD Products- What is right for you?
CBD is a booming new business that everyone is talking about. From professional athletes to senior citizens, everyone is turning their heads to this new form of medicine. As the laws around hemp continue to relax many new products are starting to show up on the market but with all these new products confusion is bound to arise. When someone starts looking to use CBD, there are often many confusing terms going around. Most patients just want to know what types of CBD would be the best choice for them. This article will focus on the different types of CBD: isolate, multi spectrum, and full spectrum.
CBD Isolate is quite simply the isolated form of CBD. This form of CBD does not include any THC but it also does not include any other cannabinoids or terpenes. For many years this was considered the best way of consuming CBD. New research has shown that while CBD isolate helps with many conditions it was missing the entourage effect found in full spectrum CBD. The entourage effect is the theory that to receive the full effect of CBD all parts of the hemp plant are required.
Pure CBD products contain at least 99% of pure CBD isolate. The other 1% goes to the medium that captures the CBD. These products do not contain any amount of THC.
Pros and Cons
CBD isolate is the best product to use if you are worried about drug testing since it contains no THC. Many workplaces have a strict 0 THC policy, even for those who may use cannabis medically. CBD isolate has little to no taste so it is easy to consume in all forms. This isolate is recommended if you need a much higher dose of CBD.
Multi Spectrum CBD
Multi spectrum CBD products are practically the same as full spectrum products, without the addition of THC. THC is the only cannabinoid removed from these products so that users can still get the full benefits from the hemp plant, without worries of having THC in their system.
Pros and Cons
This form will not show up in any drug tests due to not having THC. However, patients can still reap the benefit of the entourage effect from other active cannabinoids and terpenes. It also has a strong natural flavor, which can be avoided by taking the product in capsule or edible form ex. taffy or gummy.
Full Spectrum CBD
Full spectrum CBD contains all the naturally occurring compounds found in hemp plants. As mentioned above this is due to the “entourage effect”. This includes small amounts of THC, at most 0.3%. In these low levels, there is no psychoactive but the effects of CBD are improved. While this is the best form of CBD it may or may not be right for you.
Pros and Cons
Due to this form of CBD containing a small percentage of THC it can show up in drug tests. It also has a strong natural flavor, which can be avoided by taking the product in capsule or edible form ex. taffy or gummy. It will however, give patients the full benefit of the entourage effect.
What’s right for you?
Every person’s case is different so best for one person does not always mean best for everyone. The different types of CBD work best for different situations. Those who are looking to get the strongest result and have no concerns about low levels of THC should first look at using full spectrum products. These type of CBD products typically show the best result for most people. Those who need to avoid THC completely whether for work or personal reasons, should look at either multi spectrum or pure CBD products. Multi spectrum products can still give you the benefits of the entourage effect, just as full spectrum products do, only without the THC. Pure CBD products usually come in higher concentrations for those dealing with chronic pain. They also usually come in a convertible form that can be used to make CBD in the form of your choice (ie. edibles, vaporizer liquid, ect.). Take a look at all factors and decided which option would fit your lifestyle best.
Have Questions? Come in to the store, call, or check out one of our blogs to find your answer.